Traxxas Ford Raptor F150 Review – The Ultimate Toy
Are you looking for the ultimate toy to enjoy for you or to surprise your son? When your son did his best just to get what you promised like when you promised him a radio-controlled car, then you should do so. You can get useful hints from the Traxxas Ford Raptor review that will be done in this article.
When it comes to pleasing your son or compensating him for a job well done, nothing can beat a radio controlled car like the Traxxas Ford Raptor. But as you probably want to give him a Traxxas car replica he will truly treasure, this article will help you in checking out if such merchandise is something you or your son will applaud!
Traxxas Ford Raptor – What is it?
This is the perfect replica of the real thing F-150 SVT Raptor. By just looking at it, you may think that you are the owner of a high-performance, ready to race Traxxas Ford 150 Raptor. It is fully equipped with all the features that a fast, tough, powerful and rugged Traxxas Ford Raptor should have.
This merchandise was manufactured by Traxxas – a company which is behind the many Radio Controlled and Ready-to-Race replicas of trucks, cars, helicopters, and speedboats. They also carry a full line of other accessories for more personalized customer experience. They’ve been in business since 1986 and they are always adding new replica as new car models are being added in the market.
Who is it for?
This is for the motorsports lovers out there. It’s not just a gift to a son who’s been doing a good job, this is for everybody. Do you collect car replicas? If your answer is yes, then this is for you. Or if you love watching fast, powerful and tough rugged cars racing without having to travel all the way to a racing event, then you will love this Traxxas Ford Raptor.
Key Features: Why you Will Adore Traxxas Ford Raptor
- A perfect replica of the real thing – getting one that is almost identical to the real thing will surely make you or your son ecstatically happy and proud! It will be something he will enjoy talking about to his peers.
- TQ 2.4GHz Radio System – this is equipped with Direct Sequence Spread-Spectrum and with fully programmable features. And because it comes with an ergonomic design, you or your son can comfortably use this the entire day without worrying about anything. Its internal antenna is impenetrable to possible environmental damages as well.
- Titan 12-Turn 550 modified motor – this enable this toy to speed up to 30mph. However, you can also adjust the speed especially if the driver is younger like maybe below 7 years old.
- XL-5 waterproof electronic speed control – through this feature, one can just drive the vehicle even with muddy and snowy terrain without any worries.
- Ball bearings are rubber sealed – this should also give you peace of mind to just get into any terrain or drive the vehicle even in wet conditions.
- Traxxas 7-cell NiMH battery – this is with ID technology feature as well as 4 amp 12-volt DC that is peak detecting and fast, reliable charging.
- Peak-detection circuitry – this will assure that the battery will be fully charged every time.
- Color choices are Magnetic, blue and white
- A 2WD Performance Car
This is exclusive from Traxxas Company which is an unrivaled company when it comes to radio control.
Kids and adults can enjoy this ultimate toy alike. However, if your son is less than 7 years old, he might still enjoy this product, but it should be with your guidance. This toy might be too fast for him. Since this is an all-weather toy, you can drive this whenever you and your son are free!
Pros and Cons
- Replica of the real thing you will be proud to own one
- Molded in black for that tough, rugged look
- Designed for all-weather off-road adventure
- Perfect for Beginners
- With powerful Titan 550 Brushed motor
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- An all-terrain excitement
- Battery seems to be with lesser quality for an expensive toy
- No lights
What others have to say about Traxxas Ford 150 Raptor
- Traxxas has superb customer control. They support their customers with the best of their ability.
- The truck itself is simply incredible. It can be used by kids as it is easy to setup and easy to navigate as well.
- Great for beginners. You only to set it up to the training mode.
- Highly recommended to all Traxxas car enthusiasts.
- Unlimited fun indeed because of the sealed electronic feature.
- They got the merchandise just on time
- Charger easily bugs down
- You will have a hard time navigating the truck with grassy terrain
- If used often, stock motor will not last long as it brushed motor
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it fast and waterproof?
It is fast enough for first-time owners and waterproof. However, there are owners who want to make sure and will dry the truck after washing it. If the truck is not fast enough for you, you can always upgrade it with a brushless motor kit.
Are there any upgrades available to make it more personalized?
When it comes to engine and battery upgrades, the options are almost endless. You can say that the limit is your wallet.
Does this work in packed dirt? How about in the sand?
Though this is advertised as for all types of terrain, still this works best in packed dirt but not that well in sand.
I heard negative comments on the battery charging, what should I do if this happens to my unit?
If you come across battery issues like it will stop charging, try resetting battery mode as there is a good chance it is not set appropriately.
Some Tips and Reminders
If the truck is for a younger child and you want to control the speed, you can do that with the Traxxas car. There is a designed button on the truck that is part of the electronic speed controller (ESC) where you can choose between the three modes, training, normal and racing.
- You may also increase the speed capability of the truck though you need to modify some the parts like the motor and battery.
- Traxxas Ford Raptor is just almost the same with the Traxxas Slash. Only, they have a different body.
- When the truck is fully charged, you might be able to play with it continuously for about 15 to 30 minutes though this will also depend on the type of driving and the surface conditions.
- This ultimate toy is worth for your money.
- It will take about an hour to charge the battery fully.
Things to consider when buying a radio-controlled car
- If you are planning to get for an off-road adventure, then you should get one of the Traxxas Ford Raptor trucks as they are designed for all types of terrain. Your enjoyment will be extended knowing that whether it is raining or snowing, you can still enjoy the toy. You can also choose buggies of course as they can be driven both in on-road and off-road.
- Consider the price. If you are buying for your child, I admit that the Traxxas for raptor might be too expensive. However, it is worth your money, and besides, you can also enjoy it at times or even get two and bond with your son on your free time.
- When it comes to the power source, you have two options. You can either choose between the nitro fuel or the electric powered cars. If you are aiming to get the RTR or ready to race car, you should get one of the Traxxas cars. They are electric cars, and you only need to charge the battery that comes along with the merchandise. They are also more affordable compared with the nitro fuel powered car. Most of the time, only those serious enthusiasts will prefer nitro fuel powered RC cars as they are not that easy to maintain. Thus they are less appealing to the younger generation.
- When it comes to the scale, it will depend whether you will get the on-road type or the off-road type. Most of the time, Off-Road cars are bigger in size than On-Road cars
If you are buying an RC truck for you or your son then you should look at Traxxas Ford Raptor trucks. Traxxas cars might known to be more expensive compared to other types of RC cars, but for good reasons. Just by looking at the specs of the vehicles, one can hardly expect this to be cheap.